When I was 4, I migrated from Tehran, Iran to San Jose, CA. Some years later, I saw a couple of movies that made me want to try to make my own. I've been fortunate to have so many talented collaborators and friends help me make stuff. I also have a wonderful family that I owe everything to, especially my wife Rachael.
I'm currently Creative Director at Even/Odd and represented as a Director by M ss ng P eces.
@mogorjestani (instagram & twitter)
Features & TV
The Mission Entertainment
Andrew Coles: firstname.lastname@example.org
M ss ng P eces
Brian Latt: email@example.com
- Filmmaker Magazine's 25 New Faces of Independent Film
- 2x San Francisco Film Society KRF Grant Winner (2013, 2017)
- 3x San Francisco Film Society Filmhouse Resident
- SXSW Official Selection - REFUGE
- SXSW Official Selection - Miss Me: The Artful Vandal
- Vimeo Staff Pick - REFUGE
- Vimeo Staff Pick - "Happy Birthday Philando Castile"
- Vimeo Staff Pick - Miss Me: The Artful Vandal
- Vimeo Staff Pick - "Yassin Falafel"
- Vimeo Staff Pick - Made In Iowa
- Tribeca X Award Finalist - Yassin Falafel
- The Guardian features "Happy Birthday Philando Castile"
- The Atlantic features "Happy Birthday Mario Woods"
- Mic.com features "Happy Birthday Philando Castile"
- Webby Award Winner - Airbnb "Love is Welcome Here"
- 3x Webby Award Winner - Square "Yassin Falafel"
- CNN features "Yassin Falafel"
- AdWeek features "Yassin Falafel"
- Creativity Online Editors Pick - "Lakota in America
- Mashable features "Lakota in America"
- Ad2SF 32 under 32
- SOMA Magazine - The New Face of Indie Film
- The San Francisco Chronicle features "Happy Birthday Mario Woods"
- Salon.com Feature - "The Boombox Collection: Boots Riley"
- VICE exclusive premiere - "Happy Birthday Oscar Grant"
- Huffington Post interview on REFUGE
- No Film School - Interview on the Happy Birthday Project
- Airbnb "Love is Welcome" - Ad of the Day AdWeek
- Pinterest Guided Search featured on AdWeek